Tuesday I mentioned that I needed to get back to the basics of the Weight Watchers program. Here’s a quick update on where I stand in my week of “back to the basics.”
- I got aalllll my water in yesterday. I’m tempted to count activity points for running to the bathroom, I was peeing so much.
- I journaled all my food yesterday, and I went back and journaled my Tuesday food intake, too. Looking at the numbers, Tuesday was not great, but it could have been worse. Thank goodness my husband and I split the cheeseburger and fries that we ordered Tuesday night. And thank goodness for flex points.
- Yesterday ended up being a very good on-plan day from an eating standpoint.
- Yesterday I blew off my evening plans, and went for my couch to 5k run (which I didn’t manage to do at lunch – stupid work). I was able to relax at home, eat sensibly, and watch The Biggest Loser which I’d recorded on the DVR. Unfortunately, I also had a great deal of guilt because I blew off entertaining a co-worker visiting from out of town. If it had been any other week, I wouldn’t have blown her off. But … I needed a night to relax. I’ll live with the guilt and the career fall-out. It’s not like I enjoy my job much these days anyway.
- The scale FINALLY moved in the right direction this morning. The up up up up trend has been broken.
- Tonight and tomorrow are both nights out. I have every intention of making healthy choices both nights. I'll keep you posted.
In short, getting back to the basics is going well. Yay!
Now I need to find time to get to the grocery store. Yesterday I ate the last apple and all the carrots and celery in the house.