Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Where am I? Volume 10 (Alternate title: Look at the bright shiny badges!)

It’s time to ask the question I ask every Tuesday … Where am I in my weight loss health and fitness journey?

Except I didn’t ask that question for the past two weeks. I was MIA for a little while. You can see my last couple posts for an explanation of that mess. The important thing is that I’m back now.

Anyway, where am I? I am at goal and maintaining! Woo hoo! I made goal a few weeks ago, and I’ve been able to successfully maintain the weight loss, staying within my goal weight range. So, a badge is in order.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And actually, come to think of it, even though I’m maintaining I technically get another badge or three, because my weight has crept down a little within my goal range and within the past week my exercise has been on track. Let’s look at the numbers:

Weight loss since fall 2007 (most recent leg of weight loss journey): 20.8 lbs (152.4 vs. 131.6). Hooray, a 20 pound badge!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Total weight lost (entire weight loss journey): 35.4 lbs (167 vs. 131.6). Woo hoo, a 35 pound badge!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Exercise:
While I was MIA my exercise fell off some … I wasn’t feeling up to working out as much, unfortunately. I did get at least one run in per week (although one week it was just 1 mile – not an official C25k workout) and one weight training session in per week. But I definitely didn’t do as much as I would have liked.

Last week, my goal was 3x cardio via couch to 5k workouts and 2x strength training. And I did it!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I’m on the last week of the couch to 5k program. Wow. Yesterday I ran 30 minutes. THIRTY MINUTES! I never thought I could do that. In that 30 minutes I went approximately 2.8 miles (I'd definitely be over 3.1 if I included my 5 minutes of warm-up walk and 5 minutes of cool-down walk, but I'm not counting that). Tomorrow I’m going to measure my run by distance, and I'll run a little further - at least 3.0 miles. And then my real-deal 5k is Saturday! After that I’ll be an official couch to 5k graduate. Woo hoo!

So my exercise goal for this week is my 3x/week couch to 5k runs, including running my 5k on Saturday. I also want to do 2x strength, but I’m going to say only upper body for my 2nd workout, since I don’t want to mess with my ability to run my 5k.

Wish me luck on the 5k! I wish all of you luck on your weight loss and fitness journeys, too.

15 comments:

Ready Maid said...

Are you the BOMB or what??! Congratulations on several fronts...at goal, last week of C25K (I'm starting today!) and maintaining!

P.S. I put a link on my post today to the David Elmore article. Is it not showing up on your screen where it says, "You can read it now by clicking here"?

Diana Swallow said...

I'm so glad you're back!

Congratulations for making your goal!!! YOU ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on meeting your goal! WTG!! You not only ROCK! Your'e the shizel in the hizel!! LOL

Felicia said...

HELP I THINK I HAVE BEEN BLINDED BY THE BLING!! LOL Congrats on all your success! You are truely an inspiration!!

Have a SUPER day!
*huggles*
=0)

Tina said...

What a journey this has been for you! Thanks for sharing the ride with us. You are at goal?!?! That's freakin' awesome! Congratulations! Good luck this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Lots of shiny new badges. Great job!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Badges, badges everywhere! I love it! Congrats on maintaining your goal AND your great attitude. I feel some inspiration coming on strong! Thank you!

Miss July...not...yet said...

Totally missed you! Congrats on your goal! that totally rocks!!!!

btw, was laughing about how weight loss was a symptom. great. just can't win, can you?

anyway, you are awesome! Good luck on your 5 k!

Nicole said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

Glad to see you back! I hope you are feeling better soon. I think that's the beauty of a blog, once you make that connection with people, they will always come back and visit when you are ready.

Congratulations on meeting and maintaining your goal, even through high stress and illness. That's really saying something. You are an inspiration. When I reach my goal I think Im going to have it tatooed on my butt. :)

Erin said...

Great job on meeting your goal AND finishing the couch to 5K program!! 30 minutes of running? Damn girl you're good ;)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for maintenance! The fabled Promised Land of which we have all heard but so few experience. :-) You're doing great!

And look at all your beautiful badges! You've worked your butt off to earn each and every one of them. Congratulations!

Good luck with the 5K, though it's really not about luck - but I know you'll do great. How exciting! I can't wait to hear about it!

V.

Manuela said...

Man, look at all them badges!

You know, losing the weight is tough but maintaining is even tougher!

Can't wait to hear about the real run this Saturday!

Brigitte Ballard said...

Good luck!

I'll be running/walking a 5k on Saturday and I hope I can run most of it.

briy said...

I'm so glad to have a new entry from you! I already said it, but I'll say it again, I missed this "happy" blog. Congrats on all those awesome badges, and especially, congrats on maintaining!

Good luck with your 5k (you won't need it). I can't wait to hear all about it! Take care of yourself this week!

~briy